May is National Bike Month! Hop on your bike, enjoy the smell of fresh air and lilacs, and experience the freedom of exploring our community on two wheels. The City of Rochester will help to launch the 2014 summer biking season with Rochester Bike Week
, May 10-18. Highlights include:
- Bike to the Public Market – ride to the market on Sat May 10, get a raffle ticket for a prize!
- Join us for a safe, fun, youth-led Family Bike Ride along the Genesee River Trail – meet at the Charlotte Beach parking lot, Sun May 11 at 3pm
- Right Ride Adult Safety Program – build your road cycling comfort and confidence with this two-class series in Genesee Valley Park (Tues, Thurs May 13 & 15 6-8pm)
- Help dedicate a new mural and little library at the R Community Bikes’ Celebration and Community Bike Ride, Wed May 14 5:30pm
- Bike to Work Day, Fri May 16
- Radical Roots History Ride – a sociopolitical cyclo-tour with stops for discussion at local historic points, meet at Susan B Anthony Square Sat May 17 at 2pm
- Dress up in festive colors or decorate your bike and Ride in the Lilac Festival Parade – meet at Science Parkway at 10am on Sun May 18
For further details and a complete listing of Rochester Bike Week events, see www.cityofrochester.gov/bikeweek.