The Rochester Tour de Cure is seeking 9 volunteers to serve as SAG drivers for this year’s event on June 8. SAG drivers are crucial to the safety and enjoyment of our participants. We appreciate your time and talent and can offer our deepest gratitude (and you’ll get lots of that the day of event, too!), a volunteer shirt, Food Truck dinner coupon & a beer after your shift, and a $50 gift card to Park Ave Bike Shop.
SAG vehicle driver requirements include:
- Valid NYS Driver License
- Willingness to drive a 4--hour shift on June 8 in a designated zone
- Willingness to pull off the road to answer calls or texts from the Command Center and respond to cyclists in need OR have a HAM radio operator in the truck with you (please let me know your preference)
- Ability to assist cyclists with minor mechanical issues (tire-changing clinics are available at Towpath Bike) minor first aid or transport for them and their bike to a rest stop (we provide all supplies)
- Willingness to help remove some route signs on your drive back (afternoons)
- Able to attend volunteer meeting Monday, May 20 at Webster Recreation Center 6:15 to 7 p.m.*
- Able to pick up vehicle from Van Bortel Ford on Friday, June 7, drive it to the event June 8 and then return it to Van Bortel after your shift.
*if you can’t make the volunteer meeting we can meet another time